Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A pumpkin patch and a hike

This past Saturday we went on our first real hike with Lily. We bought a backpack for Lily to ride in and she loves it just like we expected.

Daddy carried her for about 3 miles (and all the uphill portion):
And mommy carried her for the last .6:

Lily loved, loved, loved looking at all the trees and plants and just looking around. She even took a nap for about 45 minutes--she missed the top!

In honor of the beginning of fall we visited a pumpkin patch. Nevermind that it was over 100 degrees outside!

I bet that pumpkin's bigger than all its cousins too.

Lots of pumpkins!

The straw is much more interesting than the pumpkins.

A sheep, a goat and a llama.
I like pigs! My Aunt Melody would approve.


Look what I can do!


I love the grass. I can grab it and I can pull it out.
I also started to try and drink from a sippy cup this week. I know how to hold it and get it in my mouth but have figured out how to tip it up yet and don't really care for what's in the cup yet.

2 comments:

  1. Does this give me permission to buy Lily a bunch of pig things (better than a bunch of penguin things?)? So did you buy the 'Lily-sized' pumpkin? I can't believe it was 100 degrees. Take advantage of being out in the sun on our behalf. We're jealous (since it's been raining here). I think Isabella is getting closter phobic, being inside all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she got the little pumpkin that she was holding. We thought it might be a little crazy to carry that big thing up to the 3rd floor. It is gray today and is supposed to rain. It swung 40 degrees in 2 days. 100, then only low 80s and then today low 60s.

    ReplyDelete