Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

28 weeks

I feel like I'm starting to get into the final stretch. I'm in the 3rd trimester. The baby is getting big and strong. The baby is going to really start putting on weight now. It's probably around 3 lbs at this point. I'm starting to fear how big she's going to be when she's born. Lily was large (8 lbs 13 oz) and second babies are usually bigger. At least she's not a boy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was over 9 lbs. We'll see, maybe I'll get lucky.

We had our last monthly appointment this week, now we'll be going to the doctor every 2 weeks. At the end of last week I had my gestational diabetes test and I found out at my appointment this week that I passed. So I was cleared to "keep doing what I'm doing", which is good because I haven't been eating perfectly. I also had to get a rhogam shot this week because my blood type is Rh- and Scott is Rh+. If I don't get these shots during pregnancy my body could reject future babies. I'll probably have to get one after the baby is born too.

I'm starting to really feel the effects of being pregnant now. The achy bones if I sit or lay in one position for more than a few minutes, difficulty finding a comfortable position to sleep in, regular heartburn (almost every night), a bouncing baby that can really jab me, etc. I feel like I'm getting uncomfortable earlier this time around but maybe it's just lost it's novelty this time around. Lily is also starting to get harder for me to pick up and carry around. She's over 30 lbs now so that's a pretty big object for me to be carting around. Thankfully she's generally pretty independent these days so she often doesn't want me to carry her. I've been noticing a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions this time around. I'm sure I just know what I'm feeling this time around. A couple times I've had to take it easy for a while because I've overdone it and started feeling a lot of contractions. One day I had to ask Scott to come home a little early because I knew I should lay down and most of the time that doesn't work with Lily. Thankfully all was fine and just relaxing for a bit made everything alright.

We're definitely getting excited for May to hurry up and get here. It's exciting to think about having a little newborn around again. I'm a little worried about the sleepless nights again but I'm really excited to have a tiny baby around again.

And now for a comparison shot. Here's a shot at 28 weeks (or almost 29 really).


26 weeks with Lily

Obviously I'm bigger with #2 but there is a couple weeks in between pictures here. I do think I'm definitely bigger this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment