Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Abigail Cora is here!



Abigail Core Pope is finally here!

She arrived Sunday, May 30th at 1:17 PM in the afternoon. She weighed in at a hefty 9 lbs 3.5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. She's had an absolutely perfect bill of health since delivery and is pretty much a super star in every way.

Aunt Kellie won the pool! Next in line were Papa Jerry, Great Aunt Roberta, Aunt Melody, Grandma Sue, Bauby Debi, etc. Mommy didn't do so well. Thankfully because I really didn't want to be pregnant that many more days. I was close on the weight and length though.

The short version of her arrival starts early Sunday morning at 4 AM when I woke up with contractions coming every 5-9 minutes that lasted a minute and were painful. We were in triage in Labor & Delivery at 9 AM and I received an epidural around noon, started pushing within 15 minutes of that and Abigail arrived at 1:17 PM.

Lily visited us in the hospital (with her cousin Bella and Aunt Melody) later that day. She was beyond thrilled to see her baby sister. She was smiles from ear to ear when she walked in the door. She spent her whole visit sitting in the hospital bed with her new sister and mommy. She was a little confused about mommy still having a belly but not quite as big of one, and baby sister not being in that belly any more. She brought her sister a gift that she gave her (a little lamb) and always wants to give her sister the lamb. She was apparently a little sad about mommy and daddy not being home for a while. We had left for the hospital before she woke up on Sunday so she was confused when we weren't there. Scott picked everyone up after they got up from their afternoon naps and took them home and helped put Lily to sleep before he came back.


We were able to leave after only one night in the hospital which has been really nice. I think we're all more comfortable at home and without getting interrupted by nurses every hour for vitals checks. And for me the food and "help" isn't that helpful. I'd rather Abby sleep with me than in the nursery even if they bring her back to be fed. My recovery has been quicker than with Lily and Lily's wasn't particularly difficult. I haven't weighed myself yet but almost 10 lbs of the weight was just baby so I imagine I've already lost a significant portion of the weight I gained. But I definitely don't fit into my regular clothes yet. Hopefully that will come soon.

Overall we are all doing really well. It's helpful to have my sister here to do things like dishes and help make dinners. And make runs to the grocery store when needed. And of course to stay with Lily while we were at the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Lily looks so grown up! Of course Abby is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful children! I love the name too. The big sister looks right at home holding the baby already, lol. Congratulations on birthing such a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete