Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Welcome to our baby blog!

Welcome!

Since so many of you are so far away (and even the people close by probably still feel too far away), we've decided to create a blog for this baby. We'd like to share ultrasound pictures, pictures of the growing belly, updates on doctor's appointments, weekly updates on the baby's development, and just general musings of the new parents-to-be. We hope that you'll enjoy this as much as we will and will feel more connected to our journey regardless of how far away you are.

The positive test

I found out I was pregnant on the morning of August 17, 2007. I took a pregnancy test first thing in the morning. The 2nd ("you're pregnant") line came up immediately indicating that the pregnancy hormone HCG was present. Scott was still sleeping soundly at this point and was quite shocked to be woken up to this news. We were ecstatic but it took a while to sink in--and it's still sinking in. I had thought there was a chance I was pregnant but wasn't very hopeful so I was very glad to see that 2nd line.


I immediately made an appointment with my regular primary care physician to get a confirmatory test. The appointment was scheduled for the afternoon of Monday, August 20, 2007 which seemed like an awfully long time to wait. At the appointment, the pregnancy was confirmed as expected, through another urine test. My doctor then passed me off to the OB/Gyn clinic at UCLA. My first appointment with my OB will be on
Friday, September 14, 2007 at 8:30 AM. We'll also get our first peak at the baby at this time during our first ultrasound. Be sure to check back then for baby's first portrait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Parents to be. Did you register the "Baby" for frequent flyer miles? Sarah, Serena, Mary, Anjolina or Hermoine? Well maybe not Anjolina or Hermoine?
    We can not wait. You will have to control us from holding your Baby. There could be fights. Draw straws, time clock, hide the Baby, Baby body guard, move away without a forwarding address or the Baby's hungry and I need to breast feed her. oops!!
    What's wrong with having the Baby on my birthday? I,m not using it any more.
    Seriously, take care and we love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete