Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

28 week prenatal appointment

I had my 28 week prenatal appointment yesterday. Just a quick note about how we're doing.

My stats:

weight gain - 20 lbs up so far. The goal is 25-35 overall, so I'm at the upper limit of that if things progress similarly.
blood pressure - 130/80 pretty much right on target
fundal height (i.e. how big the belly is) - 28", right in the middle of the target zone.

Baby's stats:

heart beat - 154 bpm, right on track. Some people think readings in the 150s indicates a girl.
kick counts - baby is kicking at least once a day.

I had my Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) which tests for gestational diabetes yesterday. I may not get the results until my next appointment (February 20th). I imagine they might call earlier than that if I screen positively and need to go back for the 3-hour test. The orange sugar drink wasn't that horrible. It tasted like a non-carbonated orange soda. I also got my rhogam shot which turned into a big hassle because they had to go pick it up from the hospital due to some special storage requirements. I left with band-aids all over my left arm (blood draw and a shot); thankfully I don't mind needles.

Yesterday was also Super Tuesday here in California and 23 other states. I hope you made it out to vote if you were in one of those states and I know many of you are. Scott and I both had busy days and we didn't make it to our very crowded polling place until 7:40 PM. Scott and I were both born in an election year (Reagan) so we'll share that stat with our first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment