Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Baby Shower!

My mom and my sister, Kellie threw a shower for me and my sister, Melody (who's also pregnant), on Saturday, February 16th. I was overwhelmed by the turnout and the generosity that people showed towards us and our baby. I have many special memories of that day that I've already written down to share with Baby Pope one day in the future. We never got an official count but we think there were about 40 people there. My parent's living room, kitchen and dining room were full of people-- well the living room was almost fully occupied with gifts. I have a lot of pictures, but I'll post a few that will hopefully be a good representation of the afternoon. Sisters - who's bigger?
Me and the grandmas.
We asked that people bring a book for the baby instead of a card and write a message to the baby inside the book. I was so pleased by how many people participated. We love books and reading and I know the messages will be especially nice to look back on. These are the books Baby Pope received:


My mom's mom (so Baby Pope's great-grandmother) made a quilt for the baby using some different green fabrics I picked out. One has some jungle animals on it to match the "theme" of our nursery corner. It's not overly babyish which is exactly what we wanted. I love it.

We got a few coordinating outfits. Since our babies will be so close in age they could be mistaken for twins. Thankfully Scott and Dusty don't look anything alike.

Kellie made Melody and I each a cake out of diapers, which was really cool and will be very useful.


We also had some cupcakes with babies sleeping under their quilts on top. And everything is edible-- even the babies.
It was a wonderful day. Unfortunately, Scott couldn't make it since he's a busy graduate student. His parent's were able to travel up to Redding for the first time and take part in the festivities. The also got the grand tour of Redding and surrounding areas. We think we showed them a good time. We had beautiful weather in the high 60s and 70s most of the weekend so it was a lovely time to visit. And for the Pope/Kerbis side who aren't familiar with Redding or Northern California, here's a taste of what you're missing:
On Debi & Jim's last day we visited this well-known lookout of "The Three Shastas": Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake and Mount Shasta. Wasn't it a beautiful day?

Thank you again to everyone who came to the shower and thank you to those of you who weren't able to make it that sent Baby Pope gifts anyway. We really appreciate all your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment