Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lullabies

I often sing or hum songs when I'm rocking the girls to sleep. Obviously Abigail more than Lily now, but I still sing Lily her song if she's sad, or tired, or just needs some alone time with mommy.

Lily's song:

Daisy Bell

Daisy Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two!

I, of course, change "Daisy" to "Lily". It's not a real lullaby at all, but it's on a children's CD she has and it was the first thing that occurred to me to sing with her and it stuck. This is only the chorus, but this is the only part I sing to her. I don't think Lily knows why but it does still calm her when I sing it now.

Abigail's song:

Give said the little stream

Give, said the little stream,
Give, oh, give, give, oh, give,
Give, said the little stream,
As it hurried down the hill;
I'm small, I know, but wherever I go,
The grass grow greener still.
Singing, singing all the day,
Give away, oh, give away,
Singing, singing all the day,
Give, oh, give away.

This was as song I sang in church growing up and I noticed my mom humming it to Abigail when she was here right after she was born and now I sing it to her as well. She just stares at me when I sing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment